Mathematics Researcher. Main interests:
- physics based animation (deformable objects, kinematics)
- mathematics of CG applications (simulation, games, etc.)
- shader programming
- discrete differential geometry (manifold properties)
While you're here, please stop saying these two things
- quaternions avoid gimbal lock
- premature optimization
- gimbal lock is related to a mechanism, quaternions are just an algebraic/geometric description of an angle-axis rotation. So they do not avoid it since the mechanism itself cannot.
- if it's an optimization, if it's common sense, just implement it! Better do it now, than to look for it desperately later.
Top Network Posts
- 21What to do when the claims in a paper are proven to be wrong?
- 14Why is RK4 better than Euler integration?
- 10What is the best way to handle simultaneous collisions in a physics engine?
- 10WPF intercept clicks outside a modal window
- 10Calculating up-vector to avoid gimbal lock using euler angles
- 7C# copy paste an image region into another image
- 7Bones Animation - Matrices and calculations
- View more network posts →