I've been programming and playing games in one way or another for almost as long as I can remember, starting with LOGO on my ColecoVision. I got my start in the industry as a tester, where among other things I played the original release of "The Sims" for an absolutely inhuman number of hours.
While C/C++ is definitely my "home base", I love trying out new languages. My current job has led me to pickup ActionScript and more recently Scala, which has been thoroughly enjoyable. Scala is quickly becoming my go to for random experiments. I've also spent various amounts of time tinkering with BASIC, Pascal, x86 assembler, Lisp, Perl, PHP, Java and of course a few esoterics like Brainfuck, Befunge and Piet.
Top Network Posts
- 8Multiplayer game over internet
- 8Who kept a blog for a year with a new game idea every day, and where is it?
- 6How to represent cliff faces in terrain?
- 6For games that time stamp a saved game (think Half-Life), is the entire game state really being saved every time?
- 5Why are textures always square powers of two? What if they aren't?
- View more network posts →