In the past, we1 decided that "How can I make an entire game like X?" was a bad question. There seems to be a new-ish variant of this, "What technology did entire game X use?"
- What technology does the iPhone game “Zombie Highway” use?
- What game engine does Mega Jump use?
- What language was used to make Jetpack Joyride?
- Game engine used for iPhone Zombie Cafe?
This seems no more useful to me than the first kind. Fundamentally, it's the same question - how do I make an entire game? / how was an entire game made?
Usually a better question can be formed by extracting the parts someone is actually interested in. This uses the game as a shared reference explaining the goal, rather than the whole game being the question per se.
- How does Half Life's covering work?
- How do they do the 3d effect in Animal Crossing?
- How to create the “drunk camera” effect in GTA 4?
How do other people feel about either categorically closing (or drastically editing into the second form) such questions?
1 A very tiny subset of "we" that didn't actually include me.