Instead of having a bunch of threads on individual tags, how about we try a wiki-style list.
In each answer, put the tag in question as well as your rationale as to why that tag should be removed. For reference, here's the blog posting on the death of meta tags.
This list can also cover tag synonyms. I.e. dx11 should be mapped to directx11. Note that you can vote on tag synonyms other people propose For a list of synonyms currently in the system, go here: http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/tags/synonyms?filter=all&tab=newest
Current list of blacklisted tags (the tag page links should be empty)
- subjective/opinion (discussion)
- development (discussion)
- design (discussion, tag renames)
- beginner (discussion)
- best-practices (discussion)
- tips (another meta tag)
- learning (Executive decision, but there's precedence on other sites)
- homework (Another executive decision, it's a meta tag that doesn't describe the content of the question.)
- language-agnostic (Executive decision, this semi-meta tag adds nothing on the content of the question. Most questions are algorithm or math related, or specifics of a particular language. This tag is redundant, as any programming/math/algorithm question without a specific language tag is going to be assumed to be language agnostic.)
- language-choice (Executive decision, all questions tagged this way are a "which technology is best" type, which shouldn't be used anyway.)
Note that there's an easy way to link to tags nowadays. The format is: